Friday, January 11, 2013

A Letter to: Dad

Dear Dad all over the world,

Thank you for making out with Mum (well it's kinda of awkward to say this), so I could be born today by God's grace. I never thought I could ever see this world if you both did not get married, at least not being able to see this world besides you. It's such a bliss and bless to be able to be with you for all these years. The joy, tears, anger, hatred, love, miss, and many emotions we have for each other has taught me a lot. You taught me about life, and not just that you taught me about love by everyday whisper in my ears to always love Mum, despite all the blabbering. You say she nagged because she cares and she loves us. And she did not want us to be astray. You taught me to care a woman by asking me to take care of Mum like how you did when she's at her worst, when she sick, when she suffered from pregnancy. I hope one day I could to the same to a girl whose will be called my wife.

I know sometimes, I got you on your nerves. The very moment you hit me because I teased sist and contradict mum, frankly speaking, I kinda hate you that time. But, I'm just a kid back then, there's still a lot of things I've never learnt and experienced. But. as I'm getting older and seeing my friends getting me on my nerves, it got me thinking all the actions you have done was for the sake of me to learn that every deeds have rewards. Be it good, you get good rewards, be it bad, so does the punishment. Now I know, it's not about punishing at all, it's not about the pain and the scars but it's about learning something and not doing the same wrong thing over again. I would thank you for these, that now when we siblings sit together we could laugh real hard reminiscing all the time we quarrels and get punished by you. From a bad memory now it turn sweet. 

Dad, I know this worldly achievement is important but so does the afterlife. I hope you could bring us all to the heaven. Please, whenever we did something wrong, punish us and remind us of Allah. We just a kid, we have not known many things yet. We need to learn more from you. Dad, please guide us to be in the right path because you are the leader in our family. I want us all, mum, brothers, sisters, each of us to be in the heaven. So none of us get punished by God punishment because His punishment is the hardest. I do not want to see my brothers to be punished by God as much as I do not want my sisters to be punished by Him. More importantly, I do not want to see you and Mum to be punished by Him and, me too, I do not want to be in God's punishment because we all know it's really hard and no one can ever escape from it. Let us be together not just in this world but in the eternal 'world' too. Because I can't resist to lose you and others.

Salam, love and hugs from children all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors